Friday, February 13, 2015

Innocence I see

I strayed to the garden
Oh wonders did I see
The blooming sunflowers
smiling splendidly

To the sound of the chirping birds
I caught the daisies dance,
what beauty to lay eyes on
under the perfect midday sun

There I strayed with open eyes
every step behest my heart
to stop and stare and feel the pulse
of nature's loving art

What should I do, what could I do
the orchids were bewitching
they flourished in peculiar colors
but smite you just the same


I sought to catch the busy bee
that flew from rose to marigold
but then again I took pleasure in
the darling dhalia and carnation red

They seemed to read what was on my mind
So I sat beside the pink primrose.
And at that moment I was blown away
by the innocence in nature's prose.


No comments:

Post a Comment